These Terms and Conditions govern the membership that you purchase in connection with The Homesteader newsletter (the "membership"). They represent an Agreement between you as a consumer and ourselves as Publishers of The Homesteader, hereinafter referred to as "we" or "us" or "the Publisher".
If you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, you should check the box on the registration page indicating your acceptance of this Agreement. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, you should not check the box and you will not be able to proceed with the registration process.
1. The Special Invitation and these Terms and Conditions only apply to memberships paid online by card. An internationally-valid credit or debit card branded with one of the logos shown on the checkout screen is required, referred to hereinafter as a "payment card". Local debit cards and ATM cards are not accepted. Payment by check or bank transfer is also possible but different terms, conditions and pricing will apply. Please contact our Customer Service Team if you would like to pay by another method.
2. The Special Invitation is limited to one membership per household (same address) per year. The Invitation and this Website represent an invitation to treat not an offer. As such, the Publisher reserves the right to decline any membership without specifying any reason or to withdraw this offer at any time.
3. In line with US Treasury Regulations and our own internal policies, memberships are not available to customers in the following countries or territories: Afghanistan, Belarus, Burundi, Central African Republic, Côte d'Ivoire, Crimea Region of Ukraine, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Myanmar, North Korea, Palestinian Territories, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Ukraine (Crimea region only) Venezuela and Yemen.
GDPR information: Your data will be controlled by the operator of this website. Your name, contact data and other information about you may be stored and processed in the European Union or the United States or any other country where the Publisher has facilities or contractors, and by applying for Membership, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country. You also consent to receiving e-mails from us.If your access to the membership has been provided by or through a third party (for example, your employer) (a "Third Party"), the Third Party may have provided us with information about you to enable us to provide you with access to the membership and distinguish you from other subscribers (such as your email address or name). If you access the membership using a password, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of that password. You agree to notify us promptly if you change your address or email so we can continue to contact you and send any notices required hereunder. If you fail to notify us promptly of a change, then any notice we send to your old address or email shall be deemed sufficient notice.
Terms of membership
4. This is a one time bill. By subscribing to The Homesteader or by establishing any form of contact with us you agree to receive email from us. This consent may be withdrawn by writing to our Customer Service email address, but if you choose to do so then you may not benefit in full from your membership as we will not be able to update you when new newsletters are published.
5. On acceptance of your membership dossier we will immediately send you by email the Special Free Report, your first edition of "The Homesteader" newsletter in pdf format, and a user name and password together with full instructions on how to access the members area, where you can access the e-books that make up the Homesteader Private Library. These items will be delivered in separate emails for your security. If you find you are missing one or more of these products we advise you to check your spam filter or folder, and if you still cannot find the said products please contact our Customer Service. If you do not contact us, we will assume you have safely received the entirety of the product offering.
Important: Your Right to Cancel
6. After delivery you have fourteen calendar days to review the materials and confirm that the product is to your complete satisfaction. This is called the "review period". We will not charge your payment card at all during this time and you may cancel without charge. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel, you should contact our Customer Service team via the Contact Form on the website thehomesteader.net or by email to the address shown on the website "Contact" page. In either case it is important that you specify the email address you used at the time you Signed Up so that our Customer Service Team can identify and cancel your membership.
7. According to our Terms and Conditions, and according to Book 7 of the Civil Code, it is not possible to cancel payments retroactively. You agree that you are provided with a fourteen day reflection/review period at no charge and due to the nature of the product that is essentially know-how that cannot be returned, there will be no refund of amounts already paid in the event of cancellation of your membership after the review/reflection period has ended.
Other Important Payment Terms
8. You agree that in the event your card is cancelled, expired, or reported lost or stolen, at any time during your membership, you will immediately notify us and update your billing details.
9. In the event that a transaction we attempt to charge to your payment card under this agreement is declined or fails for any other reason, including but not limited to insufficient funds or credit line, technical problems, regulatory restrictions, or unavailability of systems, the amount remains due we may try to process it again at any time in the future. We may also process a transaction for one or more smaller amounts to make up the total amount owed and collect the balance later.
10. You acknowledge that your bank might apply additional fees for cross-border transactions to transactions we submit. Such fees are applied by your bank and we have no control over them. For information please see http://www.intlservicefee.com/
11. You agree that in the event of any dispute the appropriate course of action is to resolve it between the parties. Should you initiate a chargeback, enquiry or similar dispute process with your card issuer regarding any charge that we have legitimately submitted under the terms of this agreement, you agree to pay all expenses charged by our acquirers plus liquidated damages of one hundred US dollars per event.
12. Should we be unable to collect any amount legitimately due under this Agreement from your designated payment card, we may pursue the amount due plus any additional expenses incurred through any other channels including local courts or debt collection systems in your place of residence.
Liability, Suitability for Purpose, Copyrights and Intellectual Property
13. You agree not to publish any reviews, complaints, opinions or any content of any kind, about The Homesteader, it's publisher, employees, partners, attorneys, processes, strategies, or business without our express written consent. Publishing reviews, complaints, opinions or any content may expose you to a lawsuit for damages and legal fees. We understand that some may find it unconventional or even offensive that our subscribers must agree not to publish opinions online but that is the cost of having access to our service which includes access to distinctly unconventional and at times controversial information.
14. The text, graphics, images, video, design, organization, compilation, look and feel, advertising and all other protectable intellectual property (the "Content") available through the membership is our property or the property of our advertisers and licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. Your access and use of the membership is limited as follows:
a. Only one individual may access the membership at the same time using the same user name or password, unless we agree otherwise.
b. You may not forward, distribute, publish, sell, or otherwise provide access to the emails or Content received through the membership to anyone else.
c. You may not rearrange or modify the Content. You may not create abstracts from, scrape or display headlines from the Content for use on another web site or service. You may not post any Content to weblogs, newsgroups, mail lists or electronic bulletin boards, without our written consent.
d. You may not use the membership for any unlawful purpose. We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to the membership if, in our opinion, your use of the membership may violate any laws, regulations or rulings, infringe upon another person's rights or violate the terms of this Agreement.
15. DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE membership AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE membership IS ON AN "AS-IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND WE AND OUR INFORMATION PROVIDERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. In addition, the Publisher and its Information Providers make no representations or warranties of any kind in connection with the subject matter included. any content of the membership to reflect current market conditions or other changes.
16. THE PUBLISHER, ITS PARENT, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND LICENSORS (THE “PARTIES") WILL NOT BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY) TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON AS A RESULT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE membership, FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS AND LOST REVENUES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "EXCLUDED DAMAGES"), WHETHER OR NOT CHARACTERIZED IN NEGLIGENCE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF ANY OF THE MARKETWATCH PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN ANY OF THE EXCLUDED DAMAGES, AND IRRESPECTIVE OF ANY FAILURE OF AN ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF A LIMITED REMEDY. IF ANY APPLICABLE AUTHORITY HOLDS ANY PORTION OF THIS SECTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THE PARTIES' LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST POSSIBLE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF THE PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES RESULTING FROM ANY INVESTMENT, FINANCIAL, OR TAX DECISIONS YOU MAKE AS A RESULT OF ACCESSING OR USING THE membership.
By using the membership, you accept the foregoing disclaimers and limitations on liability and you assume all risks associated with such use (including without limitation, risk of investment losses, risk to your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus transmitted or activated via the membership or material that may be included within or accessed from the membership).
17. The presence of any hyperlinks from the membership to other websites operated by parties other than the Publisher does not imply any kind of endorsement of the content on such websites. Such hyperlinks are provided for information and reference purposes only.
Full and Entire Agreement
18. General. This Agreement contains the final and entire agreement between us regarding your use of the membership and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous oral or written agreements regarding your use of the membership. We may discontinue or change the membership, or its availability to you, at any time. This Agreement is personal to you, which means that you may not assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement to anyone. No third party is a beneficiary of this Agreement. You agree that this Agreement, as well as any and all claims arising from this Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction of incorporation of the Publisher, without regard to any conflict or choice of law principles.